Are you fond of eating bread, cheese, and food items that contain some sort of fungus? How about drinking wine and beer? Do you react on these appetizing stuff and make you suffer the bothering symptoms of yeast allergy?
The clinical condition
There are some people who cannot eat food stuffs containing yeasts such as rolls, bread, and cheese. Their body cannot tolerate the presence of yeast in these foods, namely the Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Thus, an allergic reaction resulted.
Signs and symptoms
After consumption of yeast-containing foods, they manifests the following symptoms after a few minutes or hours. The duration of symptoms usually does not last for one day.
- Sore throat
- Thrush or white patches on the tongue
- Nasal congestion
- Skin rash
- Hives diarrhea
If this condition is not treated early or not prevented, complications may result. It weakens the immune system which may result to other serious health conditions. These include include yeast infection, irritable bowel syndrome, multiple sclerosis, AIDS and chronic fatigue.
This health condition can be destructive. If a person has this kind of illness, complications may result. In this case, prevention is very much imperative to prevent the aftermaths of this infirmity from becoming a reality.
- Avoid foods containing yeast because it will trigger an allergic reaction. The following are example of foods to be avoided.
* Apple cider vinegar
* Sour cream
* Pickled fish
* Moldy cheese
* Pickled vegetables
* Soy sauce
* Canned soup
* Fruits that are over ripe
- When purchasing vitamins and other food supplements, check whether they contain yeast.
- When you confer with your doctor for a certain health condition, make it known that you have yeast allergy. Through this, you enable the physician to choose a drug that is suitable for you that does not contain yeast.
Yeast allergy treatment
Managing this kind of disorder is imperative in preventing complications from happening. Another is to relieve yourself from the bothering manifestations and eventually restore optimum wellness once again. Yeast allergy treatment includes the following.
- Modification of diet- Your diet has to be revised wherein the foods served should be free from yeast.
- Diphenhydramine is an antihistamine over-the-counter drug for this medical condition. It acts by preventing the body from producing histamine which causes an allergic reaction. This drug usually effects within 15 minutes.
- If the OTC drug has not taken into effect, consult a health care professional for further assessment and management.
There are not too management for this medical case. It is then advised that an individual has to take good care of himself. In conclusion, the best yeast allergy treatment for this condition is preventing yourself from coming into contact with the yeast containing items. Through this, you isolate yourself from the development of symptoms.
Recommended Products : Yeast Infection